Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Uzziah's Machine Invention to Defend Jerusalem

This morning my daily reading included a verse that really got my attention:  2 Chronicles 26:15.

Nestled in the story about King Uzziah, I noticed something I'd never seen before (which happens on a regular basis).  "In Jerusalem he made machines invented by skillful men to be on the towers and the [corner] bulwarks, with which to shoot arrows and great stones. And his fame spread far, for he was marvelously helped till he was strong."  AMP

Wow.  Skillful men under the authority of the King of Judah who had invented a new and better way to shoot arrows and throw large rocks at the enemy.  It was somehow mounted on the corner of the towers, and rained down destruction on their enemies.  I found that fascinating!  

Don't forget to ask the Lord what you can do for the Kingdom today...

Steve is author of a book featuring an in-depth study of heaven called, "My search for the Real Heaven." It's available @ Amazon.com and on His www.PrayerThoughts.com web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My search for the Real Heaven

My search for the Real Heaven
Experience my search through the Bible for the truth about heaven.

Search This Blog

Followers