Monday, October 5, 2009

8. Jesus Said Belief + Baptism = Salvation

“Go into all the world and preach the Good News to everyone, everywhere. Anyone who believes and is baptized will be saved. But anyone who refuses to believe will be condemned.” Mark 16:15-16 NLT

Belief + Baptism = Salvation. Some discuss belief and omit baptism; others talk of baptism but de-emphasize the heart change needed. Jesus states here that both are required.

God wants everyone to believe, be baptized, and be saved.


Baptism is irrelevant without belief, and salvation is incomplete with baptism.


Baptism seals our covenant with God and prevents condemnation.


Satan discourages faith, because it leads to baptism and salvation.


Salvation is achieved when a believer submits to water baptism.


Heaven is reserved only for baptized believers.


God literally wants you to believe and be baptized so you can be saved.


Lord, help me to truly take this command to heart. Help me to take Jesus to lost people I know personally, and help me to support missionaries to other countries with my prayers, my support, and my money. Forgive me for not doing these things in the past. In Jesus Name, Amen.

Steve is author of a book featuring an in-depth study of heaven called, "My search for the Real Heaven." It's available @ Amazon.com and on His www.PrayerThoughts.com web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My search for the Real Heaven

My search for the Real Heaven
Experience my search through the Bible for the truth about heaven.

Search This Blog

Followers